Tuesday 18 February 2014

My Weekends #6

Hi,

I am not in a good condition emotionally today.

I know there is nothing free in this world. At least, I thought my dreams are free. I feel sad about my driving licence because I feel so stupid, looking at what I did for JPJ test.

But, I think it was the stupid instructor's tactic.

After I passed my computer test for "L", he asked me to wait for a month and he will call me. I waited for a month, actually more than a month and there was no call from him. By this time, I paid RM700 for both bike and car licence (B2D).

A week before Thaipusam, I called him and asked when I can come for the driving lessons. He told me after I make the full payment. I told him I will pay half now and after I pass JPJ test, I will pay the other half. He said don't come if you can't pay. It strike my mind there to be careful but I still went ahead and paid the full amount which was RM638.

So, my first driving lesson started on 25/1. It was such a terrible experience I can say. I have to be at his office at 0730MYT, all students have to meet up there. He will pick me and all other students and go all the way to IMPD where the driving school is situated. From Putrajaya to Tanah Merah, Port Dickson.

I could not get leave for the 'Bengkel Asas Pemanduan (6 hours) after my computer test, which he told me he will take care and make sure my "L" is out. I missed the class and thus, I did not learn anything basic for the bike or car.

So, 25/1 was my first experience with a car. I am used with scooter so the motorbike was not so hard except balancing myself. My instructor's nephew, I think he is around 22, taught me to drive inside the track. I was struggling to control the steering but I learned.

This stupid instructor then told me to drive on the road, of course with him sitting beside me. Oh my God, he was shouting like a maniac all the way. He start hitting my left thigh so hard and I could not hear anything he say because he was shouting. At one point, I told him to stop shouting and hitting because I can't focus. I asked him to drive back to the driving school.

The second day, I was able to focus better but of course, I got scolded which I don't mind because it was all my mistake. This was only for car. Nobody taught me bike and honestly speaking, I don't even know which one is first part, second part of the JPJ test. He asked me to learn myself and  I did.

Then, there was this long holiday and he asked me and the other students who was learning with me to sit for JPJ on 17/1 after two short driving lessons and on 24/1 for bike which all of us do not have any idea about. We told him that we need more hours to learn and he said we must pay. Since, he only taught us for 6 hours and less, he agreed to have another class which was last Saturday, 15/2 for free.

No QTI, our lessons did not reach 10 hours as it supposed to be. I was freaking nervous and worried that I will fail my JPJ test. He called me on 16/2 at night and said if I pay him another RM400, he will make sure I pass.

Guess what, I paid. I paid the money like an idiot not knowing that he would cheat me. I failed on the side parking. I passed my road test. So, he asked me to re-sit for the parking test again next week which means I need to pay again. I do not want to fall into his trap again and so I told him, I do not want to sit for the JPJ test again. I will find another institute. I took the paper that they will give during the test with me and took my "L" which he was holding with him.

I felt stupid to pay the RM400, it literally made me look stupid. And not to forget, I could not digest this at all. I never heard any driving institute ask their students to pay for any car damage.

On 15/1, they gave me a car and asked me to drive alone inside the track. I was driving, learning how to park alone and at one point, when I learned to go up the hill, my hand break was not giving the sound when you pull it, I tried my best but I could not.

I went to park the car and there were smoke out of the car. This stupid instructor was telling me that it cost him RM700 and I need to pay for it. I thought he was joking. When he send me back yesterday after one whole day at IMPD, he told me he will use the RM200 for the parking test that I gave to repair the car. I didn't say a word. I just walked into my office building feeling so stupid.

I do not like cheating. I was desperate for the license, so I paid the money because he said he will make sure I pass. I feel stupid because I choose the wrong way to pass and yet I didn't pass. I should have listened to my husband who said do not give anymore money to him.

And to think about it, even if I would have passed the JPJ test, I would have felt guilty. I did not pass in a way I should.

I am not going back to the institute to learn anymore. I will look for a better institute sometime in future, I do not know when and I will renew the "L" so that I can ride my scooter. I guess the "L" is valid for two years.

Such a bad day... I was tired and sad. I am still sad. It was one of my resolution for this year. I am very sad. I sacrificed a lot to pay for the license. I always tell myself that I can buy anything for myself after I pass the driving test. That was from November 2013 until today. I didn't spend anything on clothes or anything just to save up for license and I am tired of paying and getting cheated again.

Anyway, I have learnt the lesson the hard way. I will be more careful next time and yes I wasted a lot of money, hard earned money.

A wrap for week 6 of 2014...

No comments:

Post a Comment