Tuesday 4 February 2014

My Weekends #4

I took annual leave on 30/1, 31/1 and my my off days were on weekend, so I had 4 days to spend with my family.

How was my weekends??? It was pretty tiring but at the same I enjoyed it. I got some time off from work and my constant worry over my licence and life...

My brother's 21st birthday

It was my brother's 21st birthday on the 31/1/2014. My parents and I surprised him with a small cake and of course birthday wishes at 0000MYT. Then his friends came over and you can see what happened...

The birthday boy

 


 
Trip to Batu Caves and Maranthadavar Temple

Since it was my brother's birthday, my parents planned to go Batu Caves and Maran Maranthadavar temple. After morning prayers at Batu Caves, we went to Maranthadavar temple.

Maranthadavar temple is 10km from Maran town and it is worth to be visited. I have a habit of reading the history of a place that I am going to visit, so I read about Maranthadavar temple and was eager to go there just for the tree that was told in the history.

It started with road construction from KL to Pahang where all the trees were chopped down and this particular tree bleed. The history are carved on the walls of Maran temple too.

There were only 2 restaurants opposite the temple. Sadly, when we go there to have lunch, they said they only serve drinks.

There are some stalls selling flower garlands, milk and prayer items. One uncle told us that we do not have to worry about food, because they serve "anna thaanam" everyday. And yes, they did but my family and I didn't have it because the place they serve the food was crowded.

The temple was packed with devotees since it is public holiday and my favourite part is tying a yellow cloth with coins to the tree.

If you do not have patience waiting for the "anna thaanam", please bring your own food because there is no any restaurants for next 10 kilometres until you reach the Maran town.
 

Teluk Batik

On the 1/2, my family planned to go to Teluk Batik. My mother cooked fried mee hoon and fried chicken. Nearest beach to go from Teluk Intan and we had a small picnic.

I spend the Sunday at home watching TV and I call it a wrap for week 4 of the year.

And welcome February, the month of love.

Fruit tart...yummy!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment